Heroes of Sandpoint
Character Creation Guidelines
The system is 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons.
- All characters begin at 1st level.
- Assign attributes using Method 1: Standard Array or Method 2: Customizing Scores (PHB p17).
- Choose any race from the PHB and you may also select Gnome or Half-Orc (from PHB2) as your character’s race. Races from other sources may be allowed after discussion with the DM.
- Any class from the PHB and PHB2 are available, depending on what’s already in the group. The Swordmage from the Forgotten Realms Players Guide and additional classes from other sources may be allowed after discussion with the DM.
- You may opt to select one of the following background options in place of taking one of the options listed in PHB2.
- Character options (powers, feats, rituals, etc.) are generally limited to those from the allowed sourcebooks. Options from other sources (e.g. Martial Power 2, Dragon Magazine) may be allowed after discussion with the DM.
- Choose any non-evil alignment.
- Level 1 characters have 100gp to spend on starting equipment & rituals (as per p210 of the PHB). Weapons and Alchemical items from the Adventurer’s Vault sourcebook are available to starting characters.
Read the Rise of the Runelords Player’s Guide, and prepare a character history that will place you in Sandpoint. PCs could be life-long town residents, or have just arrived a few days or weeks ago. Feel free to include currently listed Sandpoint residents or create entirely new people you know (within reason).